Monday, April 14, 2008

A Brand New Day!

Aloha! I was wondering when I would get around of making my first article. With things getting so hectic around campus and with the finals almost near, I thought of something to do and fast! What Am I supposed to do to promote OT as well as create a fun newsletter for my colleagues? I can't just put articles and journals that they have read and will read during their stay in the program. I should put something light-hearted, fun, and encouraging to the OT people... Ahem... I mean, I'm not saying that reading journals and learning are not great but Occupational Therapy is more than that and we know it! So we needed something innovative, something we would get noticed by the general public to show how diverse and holistic our approach is, not only in class but in each of our lives and it would last than just a couple of semesters.

That's when I got the crazy idea to put up a blog! Everybody tends to check their emails anyway. So why not create a virtual community as well? This would archive our success and travails through OT life... and we may even teach a lesson to the incoming OT students with our posts and comments someday. I just hope we won't scare them away!

So here I am, typing away, trying to fill the void that is the MSOT newsletter in live feed! If anybody asks what was I thinking and trying to do, tell them I was just trying to save trees!

Ciao! Until next time!

Avry
Crazy girl who loves trees (apparently)

No comments: