Monday, June 1, 2009

SOTA Newsletter Editor's Log

Welcome back for Summer semester! It'll be a memorable semester for both cohorts involved. Cohort 5 will be introduced to the conditions class and fieldwork I experience. You will all get to revisit how it is to be an adolescent and how your formative years may have affected you as an adult. It'll be the start of your self-reflection and your journey hopefully to self-discovery as an OT. As for Cohort 4, it'll be our last semester on campus and off we go to do our Fieldwork II. It will be the start of serious mental, physical, and emotional challenges that we will be facing in the OT settings that we were assigned to.

As a farewell from the newsletter, I will be posting my last couple of articles as the SOTA newsletter editor. Hopefully it will be interesting, fun, and helpful to you, Cohort 5. I will have something for cohort 4 as well which hopefully you will consider as fun and interesting as well.
All the time that I have spent with the newsletter was well worth it as I have met amazing OTs and colleagues through trying to come up with articles every semester. I have learned a lot through this experience and hopefully the next SOTA newsletter editors will as well.
To all the people who have supported the newsletter and even those who just snuck a peek at it, I truly appreciate it and thank you for reading the articles! Good luck to everyone and continue to strive for excellence!

Sincerely,
Avry Umali
2008-2009 SOTA Newsletter Editor

No comments: